How to earn extra income selling with a Trunkshop group on Facebook.
Lauching a Trunkshop selling group on Facebook is an easy and effective way to connect and earn money selling products you love to people in your local community, delivering from home or on the go.
Follow these 7 steps to get started:
1. Become a seller with TrunkshopSign up for free on Trunkshop and find products you’d like to sell delivered in bulk, right to your door. Enjoy low wholesale prices on name-brand products, keep what love, sell what you want at retail price to earn a profit. No membership fees and free delivery on all orders!
2. Create a Trunkshop group on FacebookRight of your name and the notifications bell in the right hand corner, click on the drop down and choose, "Create Group."
Once you choose that option, a lightbox will open where you can begin to add your Facebook group details.
3. Name Your GroupThe first thing you need to do is give your group a name: You can use Trunkshop + Your name.
4. Add MembersSince you’re setting up a local shopping group, add friends, family and people in your community that would be interested in buying the latest products in your Trunkshop.
5. Choose Privacy SettingSet up your shopping group to public. This way anyone can discover your group. If you’d like to keep it private and closed to you, friends and family, select Closed group.
6. Click CreateAfter you choose your privacy setting, click the "Create" button.
7. Add Your Cover ImageFacebook will now give you the option to add a graphic for your header or cover image.
Download cover images: https://app.box.com/s/zsoseldndjd1uz7q6bw2k8rdy7zvdk9p
8. Complete "About" Section
- Your about section is important for 2 reasons:Tell prospective members that this is your local Trunkshop shopping group.
- Can display any "rules" you may have about the group
9. Edit Group SettingsNext you'll want to edit the group settings.
You do this by clicking on the "More" tab and then clicking "Edit Group Settings":
Once on the edit page, you'll have many options to change:
Items you can change:
- Group Name:
- Use Trunkshop + Your name, city, neighborhood name
- Group Type:
- Select Buy & Sell. This will add extra features to help you sell.
- Privacy Settings
- Membership Approval -- Do you want to let anyone add members or should only you be able to?
- Set a Group Address -- Here you'll have a chance to give the group a custom url as well as an email address where people could email the group directly.
- Change your Description: Tell people about what brands you sell.
- Change Posting Permissions -- Here you can decide if only admins can post or if members can as well
- Post Approval -- You can require that all posts be approved by an admin before going live
Your Group is Ready to Go!You've now successfully created a Trunkshop Facebook Group! Congrats! Now you can post updates inside the groups.
Notifications- As an admin you should probably turn the notifications on to receive all updates when anyone posts -- just in case someone spams the group & you want to respond quickly:
Messages/Chat- One of the great things about groups is you can initiate a group chat/message with either all members of a group or select members.
This is especially useful when you have an announcement to make or need to quickly collaborate on an item/issue.
Events- A feature probably not used often enough in Groups is Events. Inside the group you can create events that only members can see & RSVP for.
Just click on the "Events" tab to the left and then "Create Event" & the lightbox will load to create your event. This is very useful for creating events for your Trunkshop selling events.